• What particular English words/sounds do Albanian Kosovars find difficult and how would they mis pronounce these(like Germans can’t pronounce F or Th or W for example)? (my character was born in 1980 and is of Muslim background – I’ve called him Uran Nicaj
• Are there any popular catch phrases within the culture (eg used for greetings or just things people often say/little philosophical statements)?
• What are the popular terms for Granma and granddad – translated into English?
• What things do Albanian Kosovars who’ve lived in the UK for a while tend to miss about Kosovo(the good and the bad) eg food/TV soap/radio/pop group/beer or cigarette brands/countryside/special cultural events and they way they are celebrated?
• Slang – what are the Albanian Kosovar English translations for slang terms for - black people, gay people, sexually predatory women, career driven young professional woman, male masturbation and what are the prevailing attitudes within the culture to all of these?
• What are the following places like: Pristina, Mitrovica and Dragas ( /landscape/weather/pollution/houses/land marks/people – do they speak with any special dialect/accent?/how were these places affected by the Kosovo conflict of the late 1990’s(just significant events that would be memorable to the people living there)?
• What is the climate like in Kosovo?
• What is the currency?
• What are/do you think would be the immediate significant impressions of a young 22 year old male Albanian Kosovar arriving in London for the first time as an immigrant circa 2002?
IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THESE ISSUES DO POST AS COMMENT/S