Tuesday 21 September 2010

A bit of light IS TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH

...the clouds to day. Am in the cafe across the street for wifi and also tEa and scrambled eggs. Have been productive with my writing in the past 48 hours and perhaps have written another 5k...which I have dispatched for typing. Now going back to the flat to write some more. Tonight we are going along to a concert at the Berlin Philharmonie.

H tried to get me to acompany him up the Berlin Fernsehturm yesterday but I chickened out at the last minute...the thought of being herded into a giant golf ball 100's of feet off the ground didnt really appeal. I didnt get mt ticket money back!

Later after doing more writing at the flat I went off to another tango milonga in Wilmersdorf about 4 stops from here on the U bahn. I arrived at an old apartment building and made my way - latterly in the dark as the light went out and I could not locate the switch- up 6 flights and it just seemed like the door to an apartment. Then I decided to just try the door - and - it openned and I walked in on what appeared to be a private diner party BUT infact was the milonga. Only 5 euros about 12 guets and a great floor under the gabled roof . It had a jutting balcony wih amazing views out onto the night time city too. I had dances with four ladies. The standard was v good but I managed to get round ok.
BG

2 comments:

  1. I did the Fernsehturm on my own a few years ago when I took myself on a day long Berlin sightseeing tour after a conference I'd been at finished. It's got some great views.

    Fascinating you should be in Berlin as this is where my character Kim went to university to study art in 1999. She lived in Friedrichshain for a few years before coming to London in 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Wonder if she tangoed - its HUGE HERE and you can go every night of the wek if thats your bag.
    BG

    ReplyDelete