Tuesday 15 December 2009

research!research!research....

Have just spent the afternoon at the Local Street Cleaning Depot interviewing a local Sweeper. What a useful experience...it's really given me a fantastic insight in the world of my street sweeper protagonist. I was fascinated to learn that three kinds of brush are used on the job - each with a different brushing technique....I LEARNED also about the routine of a street sweepers day, their social club/canteen and what its actually like out on the street - especially the different areas and in different seasons..really, really helpful...and I also discovered that the sweeper who I had seen all those years ago in the village who inspired my story, was actually an eastern european illegal immigrant, who was eventually discovered and deported..so my sorry is based on reality...next stop my local Kosovo Albanian contact! Then the Pentecostal church for Roland research.

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment