Saturday 13 August 2011

Back from a week in the wilds of Northumberland ...

where I managed to get some writng/editing done and also some walking(despite the almost constant rainfall). Now I am so close to the point of no return(sending the completed manuscrpit out to my four guniea pig readers and then the agents) I'm getting seriuosly nervous and thinking it's just crap. If you are a writer reading this you will recognise my angst no doubt. I had a good tutorial with Emma my mentor just before going away so shouldn't be disheartened but it's a scary psychological ride, writing a novel.

Hi RUTH MIDDLETON and thanks for becomming a follower of my ramblings.
regards
Bren Gosling

2 comments:

  1. Bren,

    Yes I do recognise exactly those feelings you describe. It seems to be a lot easier to think of your novel as a personal project to be nurtured and fed rather than something that's hopefully off to make its independent way in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did some more work on the ending(Epilogue) today. Next I go back to the beginning(again!)...and have to check the chronology of everything...I think the middle section of the novel still needs a few touches.
    Bren Gosling

    ReplyDelete